Share | 

The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
trees sapling
Admin

PostSubject: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:04 am

I've been thinking of alternate universe things and though of one for here that may be very fun. Being Inspired by the Zelda Timeline's Fallen Hero Branch, This idea is an alternate universe where Samus fails to destroy the B.S.L. Station, allowing the Federation to attempt to get X-parasites, and causing a universal X outbreak that has basically destroy galactic civilization. It is non-canon (DUH!) and I think it would be fun to see what would happen to our characters in this alternate story line. What I wonder is if anyone is actually better off, I also wonder who's life is basically destroyed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:51 pm

I'm pretty interested in this idea. Not sure what characters I'd use yet, though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/TalonAran
trees sapling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:13 am

What I need to think about is how Samus failed. Most logically it would be with the SA-X Battle at the end, though that's just my opinion. I would like to not have Samus just die to the SA-X, but if we can't think of anything then that maybe how it goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sivus Grahn
Admin

Location : the E.S.S Niflheim, conducting experiments on...Volunteers

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:46 pm

SA-X manages to destroy the door leading to the navigational controls for the station, preventing Samus (Likely unknowingly) from altering the stations trajectory to induce impact and subsequent detonation with SR-388.

Sound like a good one?

trees sapling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:55 am

That sounds like a good Idea, I mean its for some reason impossible to get through and SA-X destroyed door and its the only way to get into the room. It also seems more logical for the SA-X to take out a door that is not alive than Samus who had the SA-X's one weakness and can't stay still, so it plays into the SA-X's "great intelligence", I I did mean to put those quotes there. Now enough of me ranting... Is there is thing else that we need to figure out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trees sapling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:02 am

I just thought of how we should set this up. I think it would be cool if we all did posts on the direct effects of the B.S.L. station not being destroyed,as in what happens as/after the Federation boards the station, then once everything is established we jump 5 or so years into the future where the real effects have sank in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:36 am

I figured there should be two Federation teams, one trying to recover the station and Talon Locke's GHOST unit trying to recover the Metroids. The metroid research is something I'd figure is kept secret from other personnel.
The cybernetic bodies of GHOSTS have anti-possession countermeasures in-place that I haven't quite figured out yet.

Back to top Go down
trees sapling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:57 am

Well that's explains what the direct effects on Talon Locke are, and most personal didn't know about Sector Zero (Is it sector Zero in Fusion or have I played too much of Other M in attempt to understand the story.).
What Happens to Slyix is alliterate Federation raid on the Space Pirate's base. I been thinking of different ways it can go, but they all end up with Slyix staying with the Space Pirates, (Instead of Joining the Federation, and then becoming independent a little before the Pre-Legacy Era) The scenario that I'm leaning towards involves the Federation using X parasites during the raid, which causes everything to go downhill for the federation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:35 am

It was just called Restricted Lab in Fusion, but it could've been called Sector Zero since it was almost the exact same twist and concept right down to it detaching and exploding.
The GHOST unit would take the Metroids off the station to hold in a safe place until another research station is designated for Metroid research. I can't remember if the lab explodes before or after Samus tries to crash the station, so whether they fail or not depends on that.(I was thinking the team was secretly on the station the whole time, but never encountered Samus and never showed up as lifesigns due to practically being robots, they canonically(well on this site's canon) fail to save the Metroids but here that could be different)

Back to top Go down
trees sapling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:50 am

Once the SA-X enters the Lab it detaches and blows up, Samus is then scolded by the computer version of Adam and told how there are no less than 10 SA-X's aboard the Station, before going and fighting Ridey. After beating Ridley Samus reaches the Sector 1 Navigation Room where she is locked in by Adam and is informed that her mission is complete and the Federation is on their way to take care of things them selves. The computer explains how The Federation stopped sending Samus support data and how they have had the Plasma Beam Ready for a long time, but never sent it because they want to capture The SA-X. Samus plots to destroy the station and Adman says how the real Adam was foolish for sacrificing himself, (Even though I don't call what he did in other M a Sacrifice.) to save Samus and how destroying the station would only destroy the one thing in the universe that stands in the way of its destruction, Samus. The computer then downloads (I guess) the real Mind of Adam and Informs Samus that if she changed the stations flight path then it could take out the planet in the self-destruction explosion. Then Samus goes and Kills one of the Many SA-X's (Which I like to believe is the original,) and resets the flight path (The part we are changing). She fights an Omega Metroid, Regains the Ice Beam from the SA-X and flys off, and the story hasn't yet been continued (By Nintendo), and thats where the Metroid Timeline ends.

Hope this helps us plan....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:55 am

It was more of a sacrifice before Other M actually showed it, I still like to pretend Other M never happened and why Adam was so respected by Samus was left open to imagination because Other M made me actually dislike Adam.
But that's beside any point.
I actually forgot they were trying to capture the SA-X. The GHOST squad's mission could actually be to capture at least one SA-X.

Back to top Go down
trees sapling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:51 am

Well now I'm happy I didn't waste my time writing that, (I like to pretend Other M happened, but the story we are told is just some drunk or high guy telling us it, so some things in the story are just made up and aren't true,), but it does make sense to have them trying to get an SA-X.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trees sapling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:37 am

Is everyone ready to start the apocalypse...

AKA: This
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:23 am

I'm up for it, just to be sure is the story starting on the station or afterward?

Back to top Go down
trees sapling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:38 am

I was gonna have it start with Space Pirates (Who hacked into the Station's Camera Feed) watch as the SA-X destroying the door during the fight with Samus and then celebrating that Samus failed to reroute the flight path (Allowing them to continue their plan to break into the station, and steal stuff) then I was gonna have it cut to Slyix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:19 pm

On my end I thought I'd start with Locke and her squad coming across one of the SA-Xes, possibly beating it in a fight for recovery. Or her team getting overwhelmed and destroyed. Considering the power of an SA-X, probably the latter.

Back to top Go down
trees sapling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:14 am

I went ahead and started this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trees sapling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:15 am

Just to remind, after we post some and get everything set up we are going to jump ahead to see the long term effects of this one change in the timeline.

Now my question, how long should we jump? I was thinking 5 years, is that too much, or too short...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:24 pm

5 years seems fine.

Back to top Go down
trees sapling
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:40 pm

Okay, so is anyone gonna post, I already started thid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:39 am

Weird, thought I did. I'll do it a bit later.

Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:35 am

So...I'm thinking of adding a character or two of mine to this as well, now that I have characters that could actually MEAN something and really have this affect them in a non temporal-erasure way.
Namely, the "Nameless X" who I've referred to as both "Rose" and "Grahn" up to this point (seemingly gender dependent) was on that station during the events of Fusion, and escaped with an (the original actually) SA-X, which they ate and took the armor of to return to Samus. In this alternate timeline, it's possible that during their escape attempt they end up running into the RAIT troops who invade the station looking for an SA-X, which Rose just so happens to be kidnapping one of, and the most important one at that.
The other would be San Arus-Xeva, the SA-X who got corrupted and warped physically and mentally by phazon. Essentially a successful attempt to recreate Dark Samus, only better and mass-produceable, I imagine that if the Federation black-ops soldiers caught wind of her (since she wouldn't be fleeing due to a lack of "this place about to go BOOM bitch, get the fuck out if you wanna live!", she would probably still be wandering around, trying to figure everything out), they would probably do their damndest to capture her for research and cloning operations.

The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:47 am

I might update my posts in it(since I don't think it really got far) so that Talon Locke and the RAIT soldiers are just two separate things sent in. Since Locke isn't RAIT anymore(like on the site, she was never canonically now), unless they got careless and decided to send some random bounty hunter on a black operation.

Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:49 am

Dunno. That's all you.

The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:52 am

I thought of a compromise. They don't let her know what KIND of Federation guys they are, just she was told she was sent in to go with them to assist Samus. Basically as a second distraction for the SA-X

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)   

Back to top Go down

The Fallen Hero (NON-Canon RP IDEA)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next