Metroid Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metroid Universe

A Role Playing site that takes place in the Metroid universe

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord
Latest topics
» Vela Aran
Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 1:07 am by Pink Cat

» Lexi-4(WIP)
Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 11:32 pm by Pink Cat

» Vela Faden
Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 4:44 pm by Pink Cat

» Espera Nota, Hero of The War
Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 1:12 pm by Sivus Grahn

» Laura / L-98
Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 9:38 pm by Fox the Ruffian

» Regina Locke
Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 8:45 pm by Pink Cat

» Lyzla Attano
Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 am by Pink Cat

» Allison Grace Williams
Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 4:27 pm by Jubilant Demon

» Samantha Anderson
Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 6:01 pm by Jubilant Demon

Sons of Tawfret

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

Sons of Tawfret Empty
PostSubject: Sons of Tawfret   Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 7:03 pm

Not 100% sure on this one, though it's a potential idea I got for if Arcturus Horrigan survives the events of the Tawfret storyline.
Basically the authority manages to get ships that can actually move into space and Horrigan leads his soldiers(And whatever mercenaries and resistance people he can pick up, even random bandits who just want to get off Tawfret) and forms a military resistance faction with the goal of attacking the Federation as revenge for abandoning him(and the entire planet).

Last edited by Crazyzealot on Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TalonAran
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

Sons of Tawfret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Tawfret   Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 8:07 pm

So it's becoming a thing, and I decided on what its soldiers look like(armor design wise) and what weapons it uses, for small arms they use exclusively ballistic weapons, with their ships using energy weapons.
In terms of armor, it varies between light combat suits(which were used by the former faction, Tawfretian Authority) and bulky heavy combat suits, both being very old but also very mass produce-able(and reliable) power armor designs.
For the sake of getting more soldiers, they have integrated sane Phazon mutants into their ranks, used as supersoldiers, with different types getting different roles, such as recon for psychics, melee combat for ones with enhanced strength and speed, and more.
I'll think of more when I'm not tired.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

Sons of Tawfret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Tawfret   Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 12:12 am

Adding on to this: A few years after the Tawfret story, they start building up their military a bit more. Building their own tanks, capital ships, mechs, and more, using funding they gain from wealthy sympathizers to their cause. They have no understanding of Chozo technology so they simply choose not to use it, believing time spent developing their own tech was better than time spent trying to understand how some ancient race's tech works.
Their tech is built with durability, reliability, and cheap cost in mind. So it is rather bulky and outdated, though effective.
To be honest, this faction is basically me trying to adapt the Terrans from Starcraft to the Metroid universe, while adding my own twists to it(Such as the Ghosts being replaced with Tawfretian Phazers).
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

Sons of Tawfret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Tawfret   Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 11:36 am

Another addition: They're going to be around around the Fusion/post-Fusion era as well. With the Tawfret system under their control, they're renamed to(WORKING TITLE) The Tawfret Empire. Around the legacy era Arcturus's son rules the Empire.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

Location : the E.S.S Niflheim, conducting experiments on...Volunteers

Sons of Tawfret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Tawfret   Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 11:43 am

Wow, long lived little bugger, huh?
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

Sons of Tawfret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Tawfret   Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 12:36 pm

His augmentations make him live longer. In fact the reason the title gets passed down is because he gets assassinated or killed in battle(Haven't decided yet)
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

Sons of Tawfret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Tawfret   Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 1:01 pm

I've even decided that Talon Hawke gets her lifespan increasing augs from them, along with her hand.
I've also decided how she loses the hand and it's not quite the usual expected "she loses it in battle" way.
Well you could call that a battle I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

Sons of Tawfret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Tawfret   Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 1:10 pm

...Now I'm curious. How does she lose her hand?
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

Sons of Tawfret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Tawfret   Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 1:11 pm

You ever seen Evil Dead 2?
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

Sons of Tawfret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Tawfret   Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 1:15 pm

...Seriously? Holy shit, that's one fucked up thing for an Ing to do (I'm guessing Ing because it's the closest to those).
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

Sons of Tawfret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Tawfret   Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 1:18 pm

It'd also be a good explanation for why it can't simply be reattached. I was thinking her left gauntlet(which was already damaged in the course of the story) gets broken off or breached in a fight.
I'm also considering a way to put that aspect of the character design onto her TFRP variation. Maybe a Devil Bringer-type thing.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

Sons of Tawfret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Tawfret   Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 1:23 pm

...sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

Sons of Tawfret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Tawfret   Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 12:58 pm

Thinking of revamping them backstory-wise just a bit. Rather than them being the Tawfretian Authority who somehow did a 180 and stopped being complete dicks, the Sons of Tawfret are a resistance group that Talon joins up with to overthrow them, with Arcturus taking over, and Talon leaving Tawfret after they're done.
It explains why Talon isn't angry at Arcturus at all(after all, the Authority kinda literally killed her family), and it makes it less "the Authority decided to stop being dicks" and more "someone stopped them and took over"
It might cause some minor inconsistencies but I kinda like this, especially if Arcturus goes from being an ally to an antagonist down the line.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

Sons of Tawfret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Tawfret   Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 7:55 pm

Little technology update. The TD don't quite have the technology to make power suits in the same way as the Federation with full shielding, unless they're bulky as hell, so a lot of them just use relatively light body armor with no shielding(with vacuum sealed suits for space combat) and helmets with HUDs, with boost jump packs and wall running-enabling gravity boots, relying on pure mobility rather than damage resistance, the gravity modules in the suits explaining their ability to drop in from ships without killing themselves and not using parachutes/jetpacks. They're often cybernetically augmented.
I'm also considering having them use mechs, with those being the only things they have close to Power suits in terms of power level. They're not quite at the tech level where they can replicate chozo level tech in a human sized armor/weapon casing.

I often get my huge idea spikes when I'm tired so it probably doesn't come out very coherent
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

Sons of Tawfret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Tawfret   Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Other tech lore thing. Every combat cybernetic enhancement comes with a full skeleton reinforcement, because otherwise an event could happen where a soldier has to lift something up and their arms pop right out because their arms are enhanced but not the rest of their body(just an example of something that could mess up). This(aside from Talon being generally messed up when she needed the enhancements) is part of why Talon's skeleton is entirely replaced/enhanced.
Of course this is completely voluntary, the soldiers who refuse could simply use an exosuit, but it's very useful for those who want as light armor as possible for the highest mobility, and it's the least visible form of enhancement so most of them don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

Sons of Tawfret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Tawfret   Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 7:20 pm

Update, I'm dropping the skeleton replacement concept because after a while of thinking it leans a bit more towards the silly end of cool/silly than I'd like it to. Instead there's internal augmentations to support other augs.

I'm also adding that there is a good bit of aircraft warfare that the Sons do, but their fighters are more like VTOL crafts than spaceships, as they're built more for atmospheric flight. The Tawfretian Authority had ground to space guns put along the planet to keep people from leaving or entering, with some slipping through, so the guys building the ships weren't really thinking about whether they'd work in space. There's some experimental ones that are modified for the purpose of defending the Leviathan(I really gotta decide on a different name for that), but other than that their striker class fighters are let out from dropships in atmosphere. The ships are insanely customizable, with pilots having similar loadouts being rather rare. Though there are some regulations  for the sake of dumbass pilots not equipping themselves with engines that will explode immediately.
They have rather...impractical weaponry sometimes, as the ones customizing their fighters aren't all exactly the most sane. Things such as aircraft shotguns, weapons that are only good within ramming distance of another ship, but are capable of dropping a ship out of the sky in one shot and ripping right through shielding.

Another addition to the Sons is other species. Them being primarily humans and mutants was rather stupid.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

Sons of Tawfret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Tawfret   Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 8:00 am

Update to everything:
The Tawfretian Alliance(new name of the Sons of Tawfret after they take over) has much more advanced technology during the Legacy era, due to them managing to completely reverse engineer ancient technology found in the Tawfret system, a mix of Elfish and Chozo techology. They mostly stick to energy weapons at this period and power armor is much more common.

Also the Tawfretian Authority is now taking the Dominion name, since I feel like the Dominion is a less silly faction name than the Authority.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sons of Tawfret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sons of Tawfret   Sons of Tawfret Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sons of Tawfret
Page 1 of 1