Metroid Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metroid Universe

A Role Playing site that takes place in the Metroid universe

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord
Latest topics
» Vela Aran
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 1:07 am by Pink Cat

» Lexi-4(WIP)
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 11:32 pm by Pink Cat

» Vela Faden
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 4:44 pm by Pink Cat

» Espera Nota, Hero of The War
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 1:12 pm by Sivus Grahn

» Laura / L-98
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 9:38 pm by Fox the Ruffian

» Regina Locke
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 8:45 pm by Pink Cat

» Lyzla Attano
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 am by Pink Cat

» Allison Grace Williams
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 4:27 pm by Jubilant Demon

» Samantha Anderson
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 6:01 pm by Jubilant Demon

Outbreak on Treceran

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

Location : the E.S.S Niflheim, conducting experiments on...Volunteers

Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:54 pm

"Well...They weren't entirely wrong. Phazon has a massive effect, being close enough to a Leviathan to see it would massively increase your risk of ending up corrupted. But this place...There's something wrong here, phazon doesn't spread this slowly. By now, normally, this whole planet would have been a Phaaze for years, decades even. But it doesn't even have the tendrils yet. Why?" Rose questions as she flies, getting ever closer to the Leviathan at a very rapid pace. She refrains from mentioning how Talon copped two feels already, feeling that this was more of a time to be serious, though she filed those away for later when serious time was over.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:57 pm

Talon shrugged. "I don't know how Phazon works, maybe whatever radioactive rock cannon fires these damn things fired a dud or something," she said. "I don't imagine all of them will hit perfectly."
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TalonAran
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 12:05 am

"Sadly, they do. Leviathans are alive, remember? They steer themselves after launching out into space from their mother. Whenever they target a planet, they arrive, choose their impact point, and fly in. They don't just get shot out and fall into a planet on accident. The whole thing is a series of choices, everything is planned before it's done. Leviathan's are horrifying monsters because of that. Because unless there's outside interference, they never fail to hit their mark and corrupt a planet into a new Phaaze. I've seen it happen from afar before, but it was only recently that I've seen the process from so close by." Rose says as they near the Leviathan. After finding (rather quickly I might add) the opening leading to the core, she flies inside, dropping Talon off on the center platform. Rose looks around, then lets out a loud, relieved "OH thank the GODS. It's simple and straightforward this time."
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 12:10 am

"Well alive doesn't mean smart, could've been a really stupid one," Talon said. She really had no idea how these things worked. What actually could have effected it was the fact that it crashed straight through a moon to get onto the world, which could be seen through the various moon chunks that were also laying around the field around the leviathan. This led to instability of the planet, with horrible storms all across the unpopulated areas of the world.
It was also much, much worse underground than on the surface, because of how deeply the leviathan got embedded. The core of the planet could even be infused with red Phazon at the moment.
When she was dropped off at the platform, she looked around before going straight toward the core.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 3:29 pm

Rose follows closely behind Talon, keeping an eye out for any strange activity or occurrences (such as sudden shifting of the layout of the Leviathan). When they reach the door, Rose looks at it with a look of mixed disgust and semi-admiration, saying "You know, for as gross as these are, they're kind of ingenious really. Organic compounds perfectly mimicking something that took humans and other sentient races centuries if not millennia to build mechanically. And I don't think these had to work all that hard to make this a thing either."
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 3:55 am

Talon nodded idly, still not 100% sure how such a thing worked. "Alright, let's blow the big rock that killed my planet," she said, pumping her shotgun before getting ready to fight it. Wanting to see what guardian this thing had for them to fight.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 11:16 am

Strangely, the Leviathan door opens on its own as Rose and Talon get close, slowly opening up and revealing the pre-core hallway. Where the leviathan growths that protect the core chamber would usually be located however, are nothing but stains on the corridor's surfaces, phazon stains and chunks of biomass. It was as though something had ripped apart the guardian growths with some kind of thing resembling a hand or something. Accompanying this oddity is another in the form of deep gouges into the fleshy material comprising the walls of the vein-like tube they were walking through, as though some large creature with powerful claws had dragged them across the walls to scare something.
"What happened here? It's like a scene out of some old monster movie from Earth. And a well done one at that, it's giving me the creeps." Rose says, genuinely disturbed by this incredibly non-standard walk to the center of the Leviathan.

(I could never figure out a guardian for this thing. I could never figure out how to fight it, or what to do. So I went a different route. I'm giving the reason Rowan Walker and "Rose" know each other (though Rowan is wearing a different form from the one present in "Escape from the Federation", so Talon wouldn't recognize him.), it's probably going to be more interesting than anything else I could come up with too...sadly.)
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 11:52 am

(Honestly the most I could come up with is a giant mutated dinosaur, I had the idea that dinosaurs were still around on Tawfret)

Talon looked around, holding her shotgun at the ready. "It's reminding me of the time I had to fight one of the demons, well that's what the people on this world call them. Giant mutated things that only show up in heavily mutated areas, got big claws and take a ton of damage before they go down," she said. She scratched her left arm, the skin connecting to her prosthetic itching for some reason, so she retracted the armor for a quick second before the residual Phazon could damage her.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 12:04 pm

"That doesn't sound good. And after we just got done fighting with a huge monster earlier too." Rose says as she continues walking through the corridor. after a couple minutes of steadily paced walking (A longer than average internal layout to the passageways in the Leviathan), Rose (/and Talon) arrive at the door leading into the Guardian Chamber of the Leviathan. The door was nearly three times the size of a normal example of a Leviathan's internal passageway dividers. It was also ripped into and destroyed, seemingly by the same creature that left the gashes in the walls all along the hallway leading up to this. Some several hundred feet away, in the center of the Guardian chamber, stood a singular creature. Strangely enough, it looked like a human male. More strange however was the fact that it looked like he was standing over the corpse of some kind of two legged, four armed phazon corrupted dinosaur-dragon hybrid, seemingly whatever might have been the Leviathan's guardian at one point. "What in gods names am I looking at?" Rose asks. The man below was wearing no armor, and covered in blood and phazon, yet he seemed unfazed by whatever had happened. It also seemed as though whatever had gone down, had gone down very recently, given the freshness of the blood and the wounds covering the presumable guardian.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 12:08 pm

"Damn thing cut my leg off, but I just slapped that back on after blowing the thing up," Talon said. She went along with her until they got to the strange man. Talon knew better than to lower her guard even when she saw saw a human, especially one casually covered in Phazon. "I'm going to assume you're not another hunter sent here by Horrigan, he knows I can get shit done myself," she said, keeping her shotgun aimed at him. "Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 12:21 pm

"ezzahP ma I, reklaW nawoR si eman yM" he answers, not facing Talon or Rose in the least, still looking down at what is presumably his kill. Despite speaking so quietly, his voice can be heard perfectly, or more rather, it can be felt, and whatever it was that the man said, it wass in a language that neither Talon nor Rose can understand, and it seemed that he has somehow perfectly reversed his speech as well, if the strange intonations of his ungodly horrifying many layered voice filled with over a dozen other voices all speaking in perfect tandem is any potential indication. His voice is so powerful, despite being spoken so quietly, that it shakes the ground around him, and sends deep vibrations through Talon and Rose's bodies, even from so far away. The entire Leviathan is shaken for the few seconds that this creature speaks.
"What in goddesses name? I didn't recognize that language. And that voice. I've never met a creature with a voice like that. What are you?!" Rose reacts in shock, more clearly obvious than any she might have displayed ever before, for this has shaken her to the core, both literally and figuratively.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Talon, despite being shaken, still hasn't shot the stranger yet. Because she's not an idiot who keeps her finger on the trigger unless she's going to fire. "I get the feeling if he were hostile, he would've attacked by now," she said. That didn't stop her from keeping her aim on him. "Seems to be trying to talk to us, though I don't understand what he's trying to say."

(Wait this thought just occurred to me, Escape from the Federation was after this story because this story is directly after Talon left Tawfret. I don't think the difference in appearance would change whether Talon recognizes someone she's never met :V)
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 12:31 pm

(Okay, read the first sentence, and I have to put this out there, when I said "Shaken" I meant it quite literally. His voice sent incredibly powerful, low frequency vibrations through the air, which LITERALLY shakes the world around him. Going to read the rest and respond now.)
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 12:33 pm

(I meant that the shaking didn't cause her to pull the trigger, like it would have if her finger were on it.)
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 12:46 pm

(Escape from the Federation is close to 30 years post-fusion....no, wait. It's around thirty years after the "Equipment Recovery Mission" RP on SR-388 and the subsequent "Return of the X" RP that's ending in an arena battle between me and Trees. It's a LONG time in the future from this RP. So, I guess even if he looked the same...wait, just got what you meant, I meant that she wouldn't be able to recognize him in the future DURING the "Escape from the Federation" RP after having met him HERE in THIS form...She might have forgotten him. Just wanted to finish my thought.)

"..." The strange man turns to look at the two ladies, and by normal standards, he would actually be quite handsome. If his face weren't covered in phazon and showing that he was unfazed by this fact. "I...Am..I. .. ...I cannot answer. I do not...remember. I...Do not feel right." he responds to Rose, this time in yet another language that Talon likely wouldn't recognize. It matches no known language in the universal database. Unlike the last however, it is one that Rose can identify (though she visibly struggles with it, almost agonizing over every word. Saying just what he said takes nearly three minutes, not counting the mid-long pauses, with every word equivalent being extremely long). Eventually, Rose responds "You speak, language old. Not here, other. Why?" In the same language, her voice warping into a wholly different form to be able to form the inhuman sounds and intonations of the monstrous language. Despite seeming to recognize, even know the language, her speech is broken, jumping forward or pausing at times, it is obvious that she is relatively unfamiliar with this language, despite it being seemingly understood by the creature ahead.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 12:55 pm

(ha. unPhazed)
Talon looked to Rose and back to the strange man, lowering her shotgun and just sitting back. Itching her arm, some blood actually coming out from how hard she was doing it. She stopped herself, letting it heal. Though she tried to hide this from Rose. "I've seen some weird shit, but this is getting pretty damn weird," she said.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 1:05 pm

(Yeah, that's how I originally wrote it. Then I noticed it was the wrong spelling)

"I..speak. I...made...Words. I made this language many years...no...centuries? Eons?...Long ago. Only I should know it. How is it that you can speak this, even if broken?" He says towards Rose. She responds(?) with "Learned. Long time. [Earth] full dust. Found person. Taught. Stranger, but good.". This strange conversation takes more than twenty minutes to finish, despite the translation being something that could be finished in under one. The whole time, Rose struggles to hold onto this strange "language" that she and the man are speaking, at some points, it even seems to be causing her pain somehow.
(Just feel I should point out, Rowan is still speaking in his vibro-voice that causes the ground to shake, which is significantly more noticeable with him speaking normal speech volume)
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 1:09 pm

(Could be part of what's irritating Talon's arm, alongside her body rejecting it while trying to heal itself.)
Talon just sorta activated a feature in her suit that cancelled noise outside of it, the sounds making her head hurt, also restraining herself from listening in telepathically. She just felt her suit and body shaking.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 1:27 pm

(That's very plausible. His combo voice is always powerful, but while speaking in the first language and this language, his speech actually goes incredibly far into the infra-sonic range, being at only .0000000000000000001 hertz. While I doubt that is the resonance level for humans, it is so low frequency that MOST races in the universe can't "hear" it, most races feel it. Even Rose can't hear it while in human form, part of the reason she struggles with understanding and responding (and why she seems to feel pain while speaking it), she has to identify what's being said by the physical reaction of her body and its internals.)

The two continue their conversation for close to an hour (who knows how much they actually said if translated into English or GS) before stopping. Rose turns to Talon and says "He says that he comes from a place far away, and has been around for a long time. His body is immune to phazon for some reason, and when he found himself here he noticed the Leviathan and what it was doing, so he came and killed the guardian. He was just about to destroy the core when we arrived. With us here and able to do it, he says he's going to leave and recollect himself, since he's in a bad way right now." the man below nods his head, seeming to be able to both hear and understand Rose. With that in mind, it seems strange that he should choose not to speak in Galactic Standard if he understands it, but not much time is given to contemplate that before he has jumped up to the ledge they are on and made it through the passage leading to the chamber they flew in to when first entering the Leviathan. In less than a minute, he was already gone. "Alright. Shall we get to killing the Leviathan to save your planet now?" Rose asks.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 1:30 pm

Talon nodded, pulling herself up. She would have fallen asleep waiting if it weren't for the vibrations. "Let's blow this thing up," she said. It wouldn't exactly stop the corruption immediately, but it'd stop it from spreading.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 1:38 pm

"Alright, there should be some way to induce irritation to the surroundings to get the core to emerge...now how to go about it, that's the question. I'm not seeing any kind of...well, anything that could be used to irritate the Leviathan. No destructible protrusions, no...ANYTHING. It's just an empty place, except for the...cor...pse. ...Don't...Don't Leviathan guardians usually dissolve into phazon or explode or something when they die? Why did this one leave...a corpse behind?" Rose questions. It does seem strange though, that a guardian's body would remain when in all previously recorded instances they have either exploded or dissolved, or disappeared in some way after being killed.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Talon shrugged. "Maybe we gotta blow the corpse up to blow the thing up?" she asked, kicking the corpse to see if it was alive. "Damn, this thing sure would've been fun to kill. Let's try to make this as quick as possible, my arm is itching real bad."
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 1:48 pm

"Alright. ...how bad?" Rose starts, then stops and asks. "I might be able to stop the itching for you once we're out of this hazardous environment." she informs Talon, unaware of the cause. Rose then turns back to the corpse and looks it over. "I suppose we'd better at least clean it up, like you said. There's always the possibility that it was wounded to the point of total incapacitation, but wasn't killed, and that's the reason the seed isn't making itself known." she says, equipping the penis envy cannon onto her arm and charging it up, preparing to fire upon the creature, incapacitated or corpse it might be.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 1:52 pm

Talon just kicked the creature again, aimed her shotgun at its head point blank, and pulled the trigger to see if that'd do it. She always liked simple, messy solutions.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 1:58 pm

The shotgun blast does more than one might expect, actually leaving several fairly large holes in the head, but does far from what Talon desires, seeing as the body neither rapidly decomposes/dissolves, nor explodes in a cloud of phazon particles. "Maaybe try something a bit higher caliber honey. Like my penis envy cannon, or the plasma cannon in your arm perhaps?" Rose suggests as her cannon finishes charging up. "Alright, let's do this." she says (mostly to herself) before she steadies her aim onto the body and lets loose with the beam from the penis cannon, tearing the body up and leaving less than half the corpse. But the body still doesn't fade away or explode, and just remains motionless where it lay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outbreak on Treceran
Page 18 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next