Metroid Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metroid Universe

A Role Playing site that takes place in the Metroid universe

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord
Latest topics
» Vela Aran
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 1:07 am by Pink Cat

» Lexi-4(WIP)
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 11:32 pm by Pink Cat

» Vela Faden
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 4:44 pm by Pink Cat

» Espera Nota, Hero of The War
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 1:12 pm by Sivus Grahn

» Laura / L-98
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 9:38 pm by Fox the Ruffian

» Regina Locke
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 8:45 pm by Pink Cat

» Lyzla Attano
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 am by Pink Cat

» Allison Grace Williams
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 4:27 pm by Jubilant Demon

» Samantha Anderson
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 6:01 pm by Jubilant Demon

Outbreak on Treceran

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 9:54 am

"My world had some pretty forested cities, though it was much more unintentional. Still made the broken up cities look nicer," she said as she walked with her, watching for any threat. "Think that meteor might've wiped the zombies? Haven't seen one yet," she said.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TalonAran
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

Location : the E.S.S Niflheim, conducting experiments on...Volunteers

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 10:05 am

"It's more likely that there just weren't any people who were wandering the forests when they got turned, and the zombies have no reason to wander into the trees with no meat available to them. They're probably sticking to the more urban environments like cities and towns, where most of the people are. Which means we have to keep our guard up even more, since there's a far higher chance of encountering the undead when surrounded by the living (Or ex-living)." I look around, surveying the surrounding environment, and I'm noticing a few oddities. For one thing, the buildings that dot the landscape appear neither industrial nor civilian, but don't bear any kind of typical military markings either. I can't say that doesn't set off warning lights in my head. On top of that, I haven't seen, heard, nor smelled hide nor hair of any other living thing that wasn't a plant in this place, even if this was some kind of secret complex, I can't imagine a total lack of animal life here, so what gives? In the third place, the placement of the buildings, both in general and relative to one another, is more than a little odd. I can't see any sort of pattern, and that usually means that it's only visible from the sky, or from under the earth. And I'm not sure which is more worrying in this case.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 4:09 pm

Talon nodded slowly, walking through the overgrown streets of the city. One of the other bonuses she got from being mutated was improved senses, including smell, sound, and even sight. Of course this meant sonic attacks affected her more, but that has nothing to do with anything going on. The point is, she'd be able to smell a zombie before it could even detect her.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 4:38 pm

(Approaching one building, rather larger than the others they(Rose) had seen. Rose begins searching around the base of the building, but it has a fairly obvious lack of any kind of entrance. They stop, looking the building up and down on all its sides (52, unevenly sized), noticing a distinct lack of any kind of potential opening, as though this building were never meant to be entered. Or perhaps exited.)
This place is strange, not even thirty minutes, and I'm already discovering structures that don't make any sense from a design standpoint. What kind of purpose could this building even have in a state like this? ...Well, only one way to find out, I suppose. "Talon, please stand a bit back, just in case, okay?"
(Rose stands a ways from the building, preparing to transform "Now I just need to figure out what form to take" being her primary thought. She chooses a guaranteed success: The Omega Pirate, one of the strongest forms they had acquired on Tallon IV. Rising up in height, the somewhat horrifying form is even more so than on the original owner due to genetic manipulation to bring out the strongest and deadliest aspects. "GRAAAAR!!" A rather loud yell, accompanied by a resounding "BOOM!" and crash like sound as the wall spiderwebs inwards, taking only a few hits to demolish, after which, Rose returns to her human form.)
"Phew. A bit difficult to hold up properly, but worth it. Shall we explore?" ...I guess that might have some adverse affects on my chances. Shit. Well, if we don't get off the planet, I won't have any chance, so I suppose it's still better than that.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 4:40 pm

Talon thought differently. She thought a shapeshifter would be more fun, lots of different things they could do. But that's a thought for later. She stepped through the destroyed wall, ready for whatever was on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 5:15 pm

No way. This doesn't make sense, how could this make ANY sense? I broke down an incredibly durable wall, in the process revealing more of my shapeshifting repertoire, and the only thing inside this place "IS AN EMPTY FUCKING ROOM?!!" There's nothing! just air! THAT I HAD TO LET IN BY MAKING MY OWN OPENING! NOT EVEN A "HA HA, YOU FELL FOR IT!" SIGN!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?! NO, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS WHOLE PLANET?!!?!
(Rose runs out of the empty building, quickly running to another one (Also devoid of any windows, doors, or other openings. Even cracks in the wall), smashing through the outer wall as before, and finding a similar state of absolute emptiness in the room. "ANOTHER ONE?!" she thinks, and so she tries again with another building, and another, and another, over and over. By the time she finishes, she has opened up nearly fifty buildings, all devoid of any identifying marks, openings, or interior decor.)
What the hell is wrong with this place?! It's like it's all just a big setup! Just something to...hide..something else. Something more important. ...Fuck it. Foliage in my scales or whatever is more than worth finding out what's up with this place.
(Rose once more assumes her space dragon guise, flapping her incredibly powerful wings and taking to the sky, bursting through the canopy in a shower of leaves and wood. Rising high into the sky, she finally takes a look at the ground below, finding that the buildings are all topped with the same strange device, though she can't place what the machine's purpose might be. Whilst in the air, she realizes something: The buildings -every single one- is laid out as if only simulating what a cityscape might look like from above the canopy, as though there were actually a fleshed out city beneath the leaves. "I was right. This place was built to hide something. But what?" She thinks, flying back down, far more slowly than she had risen. However, before once again falling into the forest's clutches, she looks to the north-west. And there she sees the Leviathan in all it's glory, blinking in and out of sight rapidly, the air around it aglow with phazon energy, but also something she had only just escaped: The Ing. Or more accurately, dark matter from the twisted twin. Upon touching down at ground level again and resuming human shape, she begins to contemplate what she just saw.)
So, what did I just see? It looked like the leviathan tore open a space-time portal, rending this planet's dimensional presence and creating another Dark Aether situation, only the Leviathan itself began to experience the dimensional shift and hasn't stabilized yet. Or someone has a really good cloaking device set up to hide the phazon meteor. I don't know which one sounds worse. Or more ridiculous. That aside, I've got some rather unsettling revelations to share with my partner. "Talon. I've got news. Whether that would be good news or bad news, all depends on your point of view, and what comes up next. But for now, unsettling revelation number one: All the buildings are fake, just meant to look like a complete city from above the canopy. Unsettling revelation number two: That almost definitely means that whoever built this place is trying to hide something, and that something probably isn't a chocolate factory with an eccentric leader and little orange men who like to sing in rhythm and rhyme."
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 5:20 pm

Talon looked to her when she told her the news. "Well the city being an empty decoy just means we won't be encountering any zombies. And maybe if they're hiding something it's some science place where we can slap together a hazard suit. Or some place full of experimental spacecraft so I can just leave that piece of junk behind. This all sounds pretty good to me," she said. "At least this area feels like a safe zone."
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 5:26 pm

"I wouldn't be so sure about this place being safe. I get an unsettling feeling just being here. And by here, I mean away from whatever weirdness this place was built to hide. *Sigh* That being said, I think our best bet to find out how to fight the whatever is making people zombies will probably be to explore this place for now and hopefully find whatever it's hiding. That could also give us the parts I need to make some shielding for you. Though, I'll admit, that one's a bit unlikely." All that being said, the first problem is finding whatever entrance they must have had to get into whatever complex they were hiding. If they actually had a complex. "If you want to hide a tree, do it in a forest" after all. Maybe one out of the dozens of buildings here just happens to be more than an empty shell, but short of busting them all open one by one, I can't figure how I would be able to find out which one if any. And if it is a complex or something, the only reliable way to hide it would be underground, but I don't think I would be able to tunnel down to wherever I would need to go, let alone through whatever walls they probably have. Dammit, think. What do I do?
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 5:32 pm

Talon shrugged, coming to a similar conclusion. "Well maybe whatever they're hiding happens to be hidden in one of these buildings. Could just smash a wall down on all of them and see what we come across," she suggested. She didn't mind the place at all, she just liked being at a place that wasn't inherently dangerous. No toxic air, no bandits, no armored soldiers who'll kill someone for even looking like a mutant. Even with the zombies, this place was pretty nice to her.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 5:39 pm

"Yes, but that could take hours, the buildings don't exactly number few. And if it were to be like that, then in the time it took to find whether whatever we're looking for is in one of these structures, we could end up being overrun by something much more intelligent, and much more dangerous than those walking corpses. Even if one of them can infect you with one bite, or even a scratch, what we may have to deal with soon can infect you without any prerequisites being met other than you not having special protection, taking over your mind and body and warping you into a twisted version of your real self, bound to serve their leader/master/parent. Not fun, I know from personal experience, and the only reason I got out of it is because of my rather unique physiology. ...Do you have any ideas or ways to rapidly burrow underground, potentially through steel?"
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Talon raised an eyebrow. "Okay so this situation got a lot more fucked, can't say something like that happened on Tawfret," she said. "I feel like you'd be the one to ask that question to, got a form that can burrow?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 5:58 pm

"A few, but none can go through the ground all that quickly, and I'm relatively sure that none of them ...DOH! *Facepalm, Epic Facepalm* Hold these, okay? This form has no arms. You may also want to step...WAAAYY back."
(Rose hands the gun and knife over to Talon (Or at least attempts to, it's up to Talon if she takes them), and then moves a bit away from her, preparing for her transformation. "Alright, this is gonna be a new one, haven't used this form yet, let's hope it's good." She says, rapidly change shape, extending to insane lengths and overall size, assuming the form of the king of all burrowers, the so called "Charge Beam Worm" (The actual name really is "King Worm"). They then lunge up, diving and the ground, and begin burrowing at extremely high speeds into the earth. In only a matter of minutes, "Rose" has made an enormous tunnel traveling several hundred meters down (Luckily with the forethought to tunnel at an angle). It is then that they encounter their destination, which does indeed take the form of a steel (or steel like) barrier. After breaching the supposed ceiling of the probable complex, Rose returns (yet again) to human shape, focusing at the opening to the tunnel.)
"I made sure to stabilize the tunnel by packing the earth extremely tightly around myself. It should be able to support itself for a good several days at least, plenty of time for us to get our butts down there and into the complex. Are you ready to begin our descent into darkness?"
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 6:54 pm

Talon took the knife and the gun, watching her burrow through the ground. When she came back up, she nodded. "Let's find some science shit," she said, handing her weapons back to her as she started to walk down the tunnel.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 7:02 pm

I know I'm the one who made this tunnel, but this is really boring. It's been a good twenty minutes of nothing but walking. Le sigh. Maybe I should just transform and carry Talon down there. It would almost definitely be quicker than walking. ...oh. Shit, revelation came to late. "Alright, there's the hole that I made, we should be able to get in through there." Yeah, no shit. Alright, let's go. Ooph. Jesus, big drop...oh shit. I really hope Talon can survive fifty meter falls. Yeah, I'm not taking that chance. Ready, aim...wait. wait. Waiting for her to fall into my outstretched arms (Or hit the ground superhero style). REALLY hope she can survive that kind of drop.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 7:07 pm

Talon jumped down without thinking and fell the whole way, landing on the ground and crumpling downward with several crunches coming from her on impact, blood leaking from her body. Popping noises came from her as her bones snapped back into place, her healing factor kicking in as she slowly pushed herself up.
"Ugh, warn me next time," she said, sounding more annoyed than mad.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 7:17 pm

"...Shit. I was trying to catch you actually. Also, didn't have time to do any kind of warning. Would you like for me to carry you around? Also, doesn't that ...you know.. hurt? Like. A lot?" I mean, I never fell from that kind of distance back when I was human, so I wouldn't know, but I would assume it must hurt like a bitch. That aside, this place is really freaking dark, I can't see a freaking thing. *Sigh* but I remember that smell quite well. Shit, more corpses, and I doubt they're very friendly. "Talon, stay down and keep your gun out. We've got zeds, and I doubt they're all too happy with our presence. ...or, you know, maybe they are. But not for the best reasons for us." Alright. Going to need a form with better night vision than this one. Or glowy bits. Hmm. I suppose an Elite might be my best bet. Alright, let's do it.
(Rose temporarily assumes X form (Having a deep red coloration), before transforming into a (Modified) Elite Pirate, crushing zombies left and right with little difficulty, occasionally launching a plasma shot from her shoulder mounted cannon. She decimates their forces in a matter of seconds, bringing down the massive group to only a small quantity in under a minute.)
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Talon nodded. "Yeah, it hurt like hell actually," she said as she got up, dusting herself off. Thinking about the durability of her rifle which she fell right on, she aimed it at a wall and pulled the trigger once. It fired just fine. "Damn guy was right, this thing can survive anything," she said, remembering the guy who gave her the rifle in a trade. Her clothing was ripped a bit by the fall, most noticeably her shirt getting cut at the bottom by her bayonet.
She watched her destroy the group of zombies. She opened fire on a few, nailing a small group with successive headshots, firing in two round bursts at each one.
Her night vision was actually pretty good, both from her mutated nature and from living underground for 20 years.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 7:36 pm

(Rose crushes the last of the zombies under her palm, smashing into it with a downward slap, and then surveys the situation.)
Well, that's the last of them. Now that I get a better look at this place, isn't it kind of a little more high tech than most of the other stuff here? Actually, strike a little, this place looks like something straight out of my ten year old imagination, weird cryo/cloning pod things lining the wall, high tech computers everywhere, tons of beakers and things. How generic did they want to get? Cause I think they succeeded. Oh, Probably should change back now. Hmm? Talon's standing already? Shit, that's one powerful healing factor...or she didn't break them too bad, and she's just really good at withstanding the pain. ...You know, until I get evidence otherwise, I'm going to go with that second one, best not to rely on a healing factor that might not be a thing. "You know Talon, I was serious about that carrying you thing. If walking is too much, I can do it easily, okay? Don't hesitate to rely on me, we're in this together." That being said, she doesn't look too bad from here.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 7:40 pm

Talon really was in pain, even if she didn't really look like it. "...Alright, I'll take that offer," she said, limping up to her. Her healing factor really wasn't that fast, it healed everything she needed to move enough, but there was a lot in between. And she had a massive headache from the impact. Probably a concussion.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 7:51 pm

((Switching to third person for a while, so even without () it will be from a narrator point of view))
Rose picks up Talon gently, showing impressive strength for their relatively lean frame, placing Talon on their back in order to carry her more easily. "Alright, let's get moving, and hopefully we find a light switch somewhere close by." They say, walking to the closer end of the room, stepping over and around bodies the whole way. "Geeze, there were a lot of these guys here. Either this is ground zero, or something really bad happened here that just happened to result in this. I'm kind of doubting that it's the second one."

((Explaining their thought process: They had to tunnel several hundred meters through solid earth, and then through some pretty thick steel or steel-like substance that made up the ceiling to the room they were currently in, how exactly would zombies just wander in? thus, there either had to be some very special circumstances, or this place is the origin. And I'm personally kind of leaning towards the latter, but it could just as easily become the former at this point.)
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 8:05 pm

Talon had her pistol ready, her rifle slung across her back again. "Yeah, I want to see what this place actually looks like," she said, hanging on to her. "Let's also try to get to a different room, I don't miss the smell of rotting bodies at all," she said.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 8:10 pm

"I can't say that I disagree with you there." Rose continued to walk towards the end of the room, making almost constant adjustments for Talon's sake (Both in order to prevent her from falling, and just to keep her as comfortable as possible). When they do finally make it to the end of the room, Rose has a rather unfortunate accident involving her face meeting the wall, from the other side of which a loud (low) growling can be heard. "Um...maybe not this way. I'm not sure I want to meet the owner of that voice with an injured person on my back."
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 2:40 pm

Talon nodded a bit. "I'm not injured just...Really sore and my entire body hurts," she said, still feeling her internal damage healing. Somewhat wondering if her insides were as scarred as her outsides.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 2:44 pm

"If you're in lots of pain, have damage all over your body, and can't function to full capacity, you're injured. And it's a moot point anyway, I don't like the idea of whatever is on the other side of that door hurting you, and my ability to fight is just about nil while carrying you (Not that I mind getting to feel you pressed up against my back)." Rose begins moving along the wall, hoping to find a light switch, and hoping not to find something that opens that door...if it even is a door. Not really finding anything along the wall, rose sighs a heavy sigh, and begins walking to the other side of the room, once more stepping over and around bodies throughout the majority of the trip.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 2:48 pm

Talon seemed to rub up against her back just to see her reaction, smirking a bit. "So I'll be like your back turret until I can walk without horrible pain again," she said, her pistol ready for any enemy that shows up. "Which shouldn't really take long."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outbreak on Treceran
Page 3 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next