Metroid Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metroid Universe

A Role Playing site that takes place in the Metroid universe

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord
Latest topics
» Vela Aran
Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 1:07 am by Pink Cat

» Lexi-4(WIP)
Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 11:32 pm by Pink Cat

» Vela Faden
Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 4:44 pm by Pink Cat

» Espera Nota, Hero of The War
Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 1:12 pm by Sivus Grahn

» Laura / L-98
Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 9:38 pm by Fox the Ruffian

» Regina Locke
Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 8:45 pm by Pink Cat

» Lyzla Attano
Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 am by Pink Cat

» Allison Grace Williams
Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 4:27 pm by Jubilant Demon

» Samantha Anderson
Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 6:01 pm by Jubilant Demon

Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Psychoscissor

Psychoscissor

Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 4:16 pm

Rackus' eyes opened, dumbstruck. The Elite had revealed itself to be a traitor. The commando had misread the situation entirely, and had even let his emotions get the better of him. Either way, the Elite was going to kill him...or was he? Well, when the Elite raised its foot, it was clear that it intended to stomp Rackus to death, but Rackus came up with an idea...although he would have to lie a little. He hated to lie, but he was out of options.

He raised his left hand to Helix, and pleaded,"Wait! I implore you, I'm not with them! They want me dead!"

The commando hoped this worked...he really didn't want to die a coward, "Why do you think I speak as the humans? They are my allies!"
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

Location : the E.S.S Niflheim, conducting experiments on...Volunteers

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 4:23 pm

Helix lowers his foot gently just off to the side of Rackus, his flaming eyes studying the commando's face, and his ears the voice. "(I do not believe you once comrade. Your words ring hollow. And you shall die a cowards death knowing you have failed to convince me of your lies.)" Helix says in his native tongue as he raises his foot once more, his voice oddly calm this time. He prepares to crush the pirate, before thinking once more, asking "(What is your designation pirate?)"
Back to top Go down
Psychoscissor

Psychoscissor

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 1:43 am

Sitting up, shame and humiliation crept up the commando's spine. His head hung low, feeling more defeated than he did a few seconds ago. When the Elite asked him what his designation was, Rackus felt bereft. Cutting off his translator, he half heartedly began to explain.

"(Intelligence...former Combat Counter Intelligence agent...)" he answered, "(I'm now freelance.)"

Not really thinking about it, he brought up his arm cannon and pressed a few buttons, causing a holographic projection of a paper back book. On the front it was titled "The Art of War". "(During my time analyzing Federation files, I came across this book...it changed me...)"

He then looked up at the rain cloud in the sky, thinking back to the time he spent researching human history"(I lost count of how many times I read that Human book. I wanted to read more like it...and the more I read, the more my superiors noticed a lack of activity in my job...)"

Rackus turned his attention to the Elite, and let out a half-hearted laugh.

"(They said they sent me here to search our former bases for information...but I know they just want me far away from them for a while...like...uh...that human word...a vacation.)"
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:28 am

Helix felt a twang somewhere in his phazon coated heart, small, but ever so strong: a sense of camaraderie. This pirate, though he was still under their command, was abandoned just like him. Yet the question of whether he should end this commando still leaned towards "yes", as even through all of that he was staying with the traitors, the ones who deserved to die. ...One chance. He would give the pirate one chance to redeem itself in his eyes. Helix let his foot down to the side, "(Get up. You have one chance, don't waste it.)" Helix says to the nearly broken commando, turning away and walking off in a seemingly random direction, all that was that way was a small platform raised well above his head connected to the pseudo-cliffs hugging the wall opposite the waterfall.
Back to top Go down
Psychoscissor

Psychoscissor

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:50 am

Rackus let out a heavy sigh, but it was of mixed emotions. He was relieved that he was spared, but on the other hand, the whole situation was an embarrassment both as a pirate, and as a warrior. Taking a coward's route to live instead of dying a warrior, sharing his most personal feelings with the enemy as well. And on top of all that, this...creature that had spared him was a member of the Federation, their sworn enemy.

As much as Rackus had changed, and his mind expanded, even he was not a fan of the Federation.

And yet...the Elite spared him. There was a message in there somewhere, but Rackus wasn't sure he understood the gesture. Or maybe he just didn't want to. His emotions took his full attention.

Shame weighed heavy on him today. As he got up to his feet, he quietly thanked the stars that his superiors had not been here, or any other pirate for that matter. Sure, there was that weird feminine looking entity sitting nearby beneath a tree, but Rackus could care less if...wait.

The Commando looked over to the...person, then back to the Elite. He gritted his fangs, not wanting to risk changing the Elite's mind, but he called out to it nonetheless,"(I take it she's with you?)"
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:59 am

"(You take it who is with me? I work alone, there are few who are willing to work with a pirate, traitor or no. Even that Odius, traitor rather than betrayed, has never worked alongside me.)" Helix responds, having not noticed the figure behind him. That is, until he turns around to look at Rackus and notices the armored humanoid (and feminine) figure standing to the far wall above. His eyes widen, mainly from simple shock (lack of knowledge of something leads to simple shock), before he once more brings to bare his enormous chaingun, aiming at the figure as he pre-emptively spins the barrels in case he needs to fire. "State your name and affiliation humanoid!" He shouts in Galactic Standard to the figure, not knowing its race or gender, so going with the safest option.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:09 am

Talon stood up, stretching a bit. "'Bout time you noticed me. Talon Erashous, and...Not really any affiliation. Just money pretty much," he said. He was very prepared for an attack. "Right now I'm working for the Federation." He really didn't feel threatened at all, he felt like he could probably incinerate him in seconds if he had to.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TalonAran
Psychoscissor

Psychoscissor

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:36 am

"And...another Federation agent...great."thought the Commando

Rackus was in a bind now. He had to get out before things got worse. That was when he saw a blue door nearby, thirteen yards away atop a small ledge to the West. As he watched the two converse with one another, Rackus quickly took a shot with his arm cannon. Direct hit, the door opened a second after.

He quickly sprinted, then activated his thrusters, allowing him to reach the ledge within mere moments. From there he quickly ducked inside, and hurriedly made his way down a short corridor that lead into what appeared to be a cave.

The commando quickly pressed a button on his arm cannon, which opened a link to his ship,"Initiate lockdown, then locate and fly off to Tundra base!"

"(Affirmative)"the ship acknowledged, and started to take off

"Give me coordinates to the nearest entrance to Fire base as well!" he commanded, and ducked into a hallway to his left, and blasted open a door that waited for him

"(Continue down your current path straight, until you reach a large circular chamber, then proceed downward.) it transmitted
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 2:03 pm

The large Super-Elite sighed heavily as Rackus sprints off and runs away through the door to the East. While he had no way of safely fitting into the small passage the doorway led into anymore (though he had indeed once been small enough to, and in fact did, traverse the enclosed path), it was not as though he was incapable of reaching the other side just as quickly with a minor effort of climbing and a short hop down on the other side. Helix put away his vulcan, turning back to the other entity the Federation had hired (for some mission, though he did not yet know what it was), stating "I too work for the Federation comrade. You have nothing to fear from my potential actions, as I will not attack you unless first attacked myself." in galactic standard, before he walks over to the wall near the door the pirate commando had escaped through with wide strides (comfortable strides for his size however), jumping up when he reaches the wall (his powerful legs propelling him rather high up the surface) and digging into it with his claws, climbing up the cliff(like)-face with ease. When he reaches the top, he takes a short walk to the other end of the tunnel that Rackus was/had traversing/ed and jumped down on the other side, looking around for signs of whether the pirate had traveled the pathway in front of the doorway or not yet. Had he not, Helix would wait outside of the door for the fleeing Pirate, if he did, he would follow the path and the potential "tracks" that his hunt may have left (such as dead creatures, scorch marks from weapons usage, and the like, along with more traditional forms).
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 2:11 pm

Talon nodded. "That's good, always thought Space Pirates looked cool so it's good to have one on my side," he said. He also occasionally found them attractive, but that was for a different time. For now he had a Space Pirate to follow. If his guess was correct, the other one would lead them right to their current base. He ran toward the hallway that Rackus went through, blasting the door open with a firebolt to follow behind.
Back to top Go down
Psychoscissor

Psychoscissor

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 12:55 am

Just before the door closed behind him, Rackus could have sworn that he heard another blast of some kind somewhere behind him. Someone was following him, and taking his fight from earlier into account, he was damn sure it wasn't the Elite.

It had to be the Federation agent. The commando was going to need a vantage point. Quickly, he looked around. To his left was a large tree with several large roots that rose from the ground, as well as what appeared to be a large, ovular, orange seed clinging to the tree via vines. Rackus recognized it as a sap sac, an explosive plant. Dead ahead, and a little to his right, a high rocky ledge that also had several thick tree roots rising out of its edge, stretching out and bore into another, more moss covered stone ledge, creating a bridge. A vantage point was found

With his thrusters, he quickly leapt over to the ledge ahead of him. He started to aim at the sap sac, but he lowered his arm cannon. His hope being that maybe he could negotiate with the agent, and possibly figure out why they were here, and perhaps be left to the pirate's own devices.

Rain sprinkled onto his visor. Rackus could see from the corners of his eyes that this place was more of a small crevice-like area, as the rock formations above and around him suggested as much. A thought came to him. Perhaps the Elite couldn't chase him through the doors, but it was more than likely that it could use its claws to scale the walls and move around up top.

Either way, the commando prepared for company.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 12:35 am

When Helix jumps down into the crevice/small canyon, it takes little more than a cursory glance around the area in front of him to locate the commando. If his mouth had the right shape and muscles, he would probably be smirking right now, why run if you aren't going to hide or get to a safe place? "(I pose the simple question of why you ran off at the first distraction Freelancer? I proffered you a chance, and you run. Why? Answer me this and I will leave you to your duties for now, as I have my own mission.)" Helix says to the former counter inteligence agent.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 3:17 am

Talon had his helmet materialize over his head as he followed him. He wasn't quite looking to fight him yet. What navigational use would he get out of a dead space pirate? If he was spotted like he felt he was, he intended to do just a bit of damage. The hard part would be getting his ally to not kill the guy.
Back to top Go down
Psychoscissor

Psychoscissor

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 3:30 am

Sure enough, not but a few moments after he had thought about it, Rackus watched as the Elite from earlier landed nearby. It seemed to still be in a somewhat sociable mood, albeit still ready to kill the commando, but that was better than coming guns blazing. Rackus decided to keep his cool this time, wanting to keep his plan of hopefully talking his way out of any further problems.

"(I wasn't necessarily running from you.)"he had told the Elite, which was...partially true, "(I was more running from your friend...after all, just because you spared me doesn't mean she necessarily would.)"

Of course Rackus was assuming that the other person was a she. Back when he was hacking files in the Federation database, he had seen plenty of files on people that looked female, but were listed as male, and he had even seen the opposite of that in some other files.

"(If it helps, I have no interest in hindering your mission. I have my own mission to deal with, and I can freely say that it has little to do with the Federation.)" he added
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 1:45 pm

"(Then for the time being, I will consider us as not-at-odds. However, attempt to hinder my mission, and I will attack without warning. No questions asked.)" Helix tells the pirate, walking off after doing so. He had places to be after all. First, he would explore the frozen plains known as "Phendrana", the pirate's arctic facilities were the most likely to still be present and functional after all this time. After that...the phazon mines. He would destroy anything remaining of Project Helix, and take any remaining phazon into himself. The small base of operations in the Magmoor Caverns was of little import, it had likely already been consumed by magma over the course of time. However, that in mind, he still had to traverse the underground tunnels and temples, as it was the world hub leading him into both of his target destinations on this side of the planet. The nearest path into Magmoor caverns was quite nearby if he recalled, only a short hop up, and a small trek through a tunnel (that he could fit into amazingly, even if the doors would present a problem), and then a jump down and there he was. However, it wasn't exactly where he wanted to be in the caverns, so he resolved to take the slightly longer route through the Chozo Ruins instead. Besides, he had other things he wanted to investigate himself, and the federation was paying him a flat rate with no time limit. Why get worried?
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 5:20 pm

Talon did not directly confront the space pirate he was following, instead just sitting back next to his door and waiting for him to move. Hoping he'd think that he stopped following him.
Back to top Go down
Psychoscissor

Psychoscissor

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 6:49 pm

Rackus was... well not so much relieved as he was thankful that the Elite didn't attack again. He simply allowed the juggernaut to go about on its way. The commando however had an odd feeling though, the kind of feeling that said their paths would cross again. That was the least comforting feeling he had in a while.

His attention turned to the bounty hunter, who leaned against the door that the commando had ran through not long ago. They seemed to be more relaxed, unlike the Elite who just showed up and started attacking. However, Rackus could have sworn that they had said that they worked for the Federation as well, but if that was the case, why were they being so calm?

"I take it that you'll be going with him?" he asked the bounty hunter

Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 11:09 pm

(Would you two mind doing one or two rounds without me? I ask in part because of the content of your last post Psychoscissor, in part because we cut out CZ earlier (though it was at his behest), and in part because I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with stuff right now/recently. There were probably a few other things, but I've likely forgotten about them)
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 11:11 pm

Talon was working for the Federation, but mainly for the money. Space Pirates didn't pay well as far as he knew, at least compared to a government that controls most of the galaxy anyway.
"I might, still thinking of where to go. Mission just told me to explore and find things," he said. He left out the part detailing what he had to find.
Back to top Go down
Psychoscissor

Psychoscissor

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 11:57 pm

(Sounds fair to me)

The commando could not help but notice that the Federation hunter was being a little on the vague side, which could prove troublesome. Oh well, at least Rackus knew what gender the person was, even though that bit of knowledge was of little importance in reality.

"Might, eh? You don't sound so sure." the commando replied

Rackus quickly wondered why he had said that. Perhaps it was the fact that he still wasn't use to operating alone. Granted, Space Pirates weren't a very social species, but even they were taught of comradery, a particular trait that Rackus hadn't felt in quite some time. Sure, the person was Federation, but at the same time he was being rather polite despite that.

"Well, if you would like a change of pace..."Rackus continued, trying to choose his words carefully,"I'm heading for Magmoor caverns. It's a hot area, but I'm certain that there will be a fair bit to see."
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 12:09 am

Talon nodded. "Sure why not," he said. He didn't like starting fights, he was more of a reactionary fighter. Of course there were times where shooting first was a good idea, but this didn't seem like one of them. He could probably lead him straight to where he needed to go.
Back to top Go down
Psychoscissor

Psychoscissor

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 12:25 pm

With a nod, the commando began to lead the way.

"(Proceed through nearby doorway.)" his navigation system told him

He saw the door not far from his ledge. Using his thrusters, he leapt to the ledge, shot the door open, and proceeded down a short hallway.

"So, what is your name, hunter?" he asked his companion, as he shot the door at the end of the hallway, "Also, if you don't mind my saying, that a rather intriguing suit you have."
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 9:58 am

Talon teleported up to his ledge in a flash of pink light. Seemed to be a recurring theme with him. He followed him through the doorway. "Talon Erashous, you?" he asked. "And my suit's an Elfin design...You don't see many of us because the Federation is still pretty pissed at us. But just sitting around in Elfin space your whole life gets boring and money is good to have," he said with a shrug.
He didn't quite have any particular loyalty to the Federation, and he could easily be swayed away from them for the right money.
Back to top Go down
Psychoscissor

Psychoscissor

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 10:12 am

"I thought it looked odd...definitely not of human origin." the Pirate commando remarked, as he walked with Talon

"(Proceed through doorway at bottom level.)" the navigation system had said

The two were now in a large, tower-like room with several large tree roots rising up from the ground, as well as what appeared to be floating dirt and stone platforms. Rain fell from somewhere above, meaning there was an opening somewhere.

Rackus had thought about the "name question" for a moment. Any other person would have just handed a name out and called it a day, but Rackus had to think about it before he could honestly answer. As he thought about it, he proceeded down what appeared to be a large dip in the room, where another bright blue door could be seen.

"My..."name" is Unit #42963...but I prefer to be called Rackus."he answered after blasting open the door

Its not that he outright hated his name...it was just nowadays he had preferred to be called by his other one.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 10:12 pm

Talon nodded. "Human designs seem to be all about practicality, why not wear armor that's good looking and powerful," he said. "Interesting names, didn't know space pirates were named by ID numbers, though Rackus is quicker to say so I'll go with that," he said, following him down through the door. He hadn't been able to really talk to a Space Pirate before, most of them attack him on sight believing he's a human.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)   Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old fragments, new horrors. (Post MP3, a year after)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next