A Role Playing site that takes place in the Metroid universe

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hunt on Hymn Terminal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Toast

PostSubject: Hunt on Hymn Terminal   Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:57 am

"FZ-467, you are cleared to land platform 12, please follow the classic approach procedure. Do you have any service request?"
"FZ-476, cleared for platform 12, classic approach procedure, no request, out."

Aarin released  the communication button and looked trough the cockpit window. Hymn Terminal was a small trading hub, mostly visited by local traders, bounty hunters and sometimes large ships on long trading missions. As she entered the landing instructions in the autopilot she searched for a Federation Police's ship but couldn't find any, as she expected.

They are probably waiting for the last moment to arrive... This will let me some time to find my target.

She hoped to find her target before the Federation Police arrived to proceed to the extraction. As she geared up, the robotic voice of her ship informed her that the landing procedure was complete.

"Good, warn me immediatly if a ship from the Federation Police lands."

After passing the security checkpoint by showing her weapon bearing license, she walked into the Terminal. There was a lot of people wandering around or sitting at some bars/restaurants. A lot more than she expected.
She had almost no chances to spot her target in all that crowd. Luckily, she had an idea: She was going to wait for the Federation Police's ship to arrive and she was going to carfully watch the exit leading to the docking bays.

It wasn't the greatest plan but it had to work or she would have to track down the Federation Police's ship and destroy it before it would reach it's destination, whatever it was.

And that means I have some time before me, I can just relax and search my target in the crowd I guess.

She sat down at a bar and looked for the Federation agent in the crowd while barely drinking the cheap liquor she ordered.

Last edited by Toast on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sivus Grahn
Admin

Location : the E.S.S Niflheim, conducting experiments on...Volunteers

PostSubject: Re: Hunt on Hymn Terminal   Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:27 am

(Is she currently wearing her armor?)

Toast

PostSubject: Re: Hunt on Hymn Terminal   Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:32 am

(She is, except for the helmet wich she removed and put next to her in order drink.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sivus Grahn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hunt on Hymn Terminal   Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:38 am

"A new one, huh? Alright, let's do this. Start with the cheesiest line we got, ah? Then, if she likes it, keep it up with the cheese, if she doesn't, back down." Grahn thinks to himself as a new face steps into the bar fully armored (Excepting the helmet she takes off to drink whatever she ordered, looks like liquor of some kind) and sits down to start slowly nursing a drink (Really slowly, wow, what's up with that? She waiting for frie...nah, people don't show up to a meeting with friends decked out in full battle-gear...do they?). He pushes off the wall he was leaning against on the far side of the bar (out of normal visual range from Aarin's position unless she were to take an in-depth look around the place and be searchin' for him or someone who looks like him) and walks over to the counter, taking the seat next to the new face and asking for a bottle of spirits to whet his whistle. Then he looks over at the lady and says, in the corniest voice he can pull off with a straight face, "Hey there, come here often pretty lady?"

(His current form is a tan-skinned, tall [6'7"] human with short cut, mussed brown hair, deep brown eyes, and an athletic build with a handsome face, and he's wearing simple clothes one might expect a pilot to wear in their off hours)

The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hunt on Hymn Terminal   Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:09 am

Talon wandered into the bar as well, wearing an open leather jacket and jeans, along with boots with holes in them for her claws, her scaled suit only covering her chest in a bra-like manner. She looked around curiously, the "glasses" her suit can materialize appearing over her eyes as she scanned everyone before walking over to a table and sitting down. The glasses retracted into her face, the drakolith ordering a drink.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/TalonAran Online
Toast

PostSubject: Re: Hunt on Hymn Terminal   Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:10 am

As Aarin was walking into the bar she already noticed that guy who looked like her target but was unsure it was him or not. While she was drinking, the guy approached her while she managed to not show that she had spotted him. He had simple civil clothes, the kind of clothes you often sees on pilots or crewmen when they're in their off hours.

If it's him, why would he approach a fully armored person, wouldn't he be more cautious? Or maybe it's a trap... After all, he looks pretty tall compared to what I expected from a Federation's agent... And stronger too She thought

The guy took a seat next to her, ordered a whisky and started to talk to her:

"Hey there, come here often pretty lady?"

This sentence took Aarin by surprise.

What is he trying to do? Maybe he isn't my target after all...

His catchphrase sure wasn't very good but she had to respond adn engage a conversation or she would never be sure of the true goal of that guy.

"Sometimes when I'm the area but overall, not that much... And you? I guess you are a pilot or you work on a ship if you're here... Am I right?" She replied while tying to decipher what that guy was really trying to do, flirting with her or trying to do something else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sivus Grahn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hunt on Hymn Terminal   Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:10 am

(Actually, he orders a bottle of spirits, specifically brandy, not whiskey.)
"Huh?" Grahn reacts when asked if he was a pilot, then he looks down at his clothes and makes the connection (he hadn't thought of it since he adopted this form and started using it around three years ago, but the original owner had indeed been a pilot, and those were the clothes he was absorbed in), responding "Yeah, guess I am. How about you, you look like one of those 'space hunters' we always hear so much about, that right?" He asks (His voice has a noticeable, if thin, southern drawl to it) "Well, not that it matters much really. Really, I just wanted to be in the company of a beautiful lady such as yourself before my ride gets here. Don't exactly have a ship of my own right anymore, or this would be a lot easier." he says, drinking some of his brandy from a glass he carefully procured and poured it in.

(funnily enough, I had actually been thinking about the possibility that he could be the informant [or whatever, been about a week, so I need to do a bit of reviewing to remind myself of the full details)

The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hunt on Hymn Terminal   Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:12 am

Talon sipped her drink, listening in on the conversation. Not on purpose, it's very hard for her to filter her telepathy. She's picked up a lot of thoughts she'd rather not hear. The drink was actually partially to dull that. She looked over at the other two, getting more comfortable in her seat.

Back to top Go down
Toast

PostSubject: Re: Hunt on Hymn Terminal   Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:51 am

Aarin carefully listened to every word Grahn said.

So he is a pilot without ship... that's intriguing, looks like he have something to hide, or he is just lying to impress me.

Ghran's intentions were pretty clear to Aarin and in a normal situation she wouldn't even have responded to his cheesy catchphrases but she needed to know who he really was.

"Space hunter? I guess you mean bounty hunter... I'm more like a mercenary, you see? I guess mercenaries and bounty hunters are all the same to the public's eyes though.

"Federation ship approaching, a small transport, it's currently waiting for landing clearance.

Damn, one I have to keep that guy in check but I have to monitor the terminal's exit... One last try

"So you're waiting for your ship eh? How did you even got here if you don't have a ship? I mean, this is not the kind of place you go unless you have stuff to do there... Why did you even came here if you're not a trader?"

After his response, she would decide if she had to shoot him or not.

(I could totally go with the fact that he is the agent but Aarin's mission is to kill the agent so I guess she will fail then.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sivus Grahn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hunt on Hymn Terminal   Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:21 pm

(Frankly, that would end with me laughing my ass off.)

"Naw, Space Hunter. The GF's ultra-special forces group? Those guys...Like Samus Aran, that badass who defended Norion, cleansed Bryyo and Elysia, led the attack on the Space-Pirate Homeworld, and destroyed Phaaze during the phazon wars. She's a "Space Hunter". And they don't just hunt bounties...but, uh, yeah, guess you aren't one if you don't even know the term...not that many people seem to these days." He monologues (though his speech is quick, making his monologue seem shorter than it is).
"Huh? Well, I just hitched a ride a while...hold on" He stops mid sentence and pulls out a small device (looks like a cell-phone), and says "Well damn, looks like my ride is here. Just waiting for clearance to dock. Ahh well. Anyway, it was nice talking to ya while it lasted. Sadly, I've got places to be and people to meet that can't wait for a nice night with a pretty lady." setting the glass containing his brandy down on the bar, along with 200 Seguru for the bottle (which he keeps with him), and walks away, heading towards the docking area.

The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hunt on Hymn Terminal   Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:11 am

Talon listened in on the conversation. She didn't understand the distinction - why not just say mercenary?- but she didn't quite understand why she was listening in in the first place. She ordered another drink, tapping her fingernail on the table. Something didn't feel right.

(Sorry if I'm not adding much, just not sure what to say. I figured she'd just sorta stumble into what happens)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunt on Hymn Terminal   

Back to top Go down

Hunt on Hymn Terminal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1