Metroid Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metroid Universe

A Role Playing site that takes place in the Metroid universe

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord
Latest topics
» Vela Aran
/ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 1:07 am by Pink Cat

» Lexi-4(WIP)
/ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 11:32 pm by Pink Cat

» Vela Faden
/ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 4:44 pm by Pink Cat

» Espera Nota, Hero of The War
/ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 1:12 pm by Sivus Grahn

» Laura / L-98
/ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 9:38 pm by Fox the Ruffian

» Regina Locke
/ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 8:45 pm by Pink Cat

» Lyzla Attano
/ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 am by Pink Cat

» Allison Grace Williams
/ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 4:27 pm by Jubilant Demon

» Samantha Anderson
/ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 6:01 pm by Jubilant Demon

/ɐ/ - Animu & Mango

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Toasty
Toasty

/ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Empty
PostSubject: /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango   /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 3:34 am

Rules of this topic,

• Post about any anime or manga you have read or watched.

• Do not start an argument over something stupid.

• DO NOT start an argument over something stupid. if you break rules 2 and 3 you will get a warning the first time, anything after that you get the hammer in your face for 5 minuets.

• Remember, I don't watch much anime, so if I (or anyone else) fall off the back of the bus, make sure to put a brick on the gas pedal. that way we have to google it like smart people.

• you can post one picture per post, anything more then that, then spoil your pictures.

• If the pic you are uploading is huge, like wallpaper big, then spoil it.

• Have Fun

((To spoil your picture then type [*spoiler][*img](image url here)[/img][/spoiler] without the *'s))
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

/ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Hack_s10

Dose anyone remember seeing .Hack//Sign on cartoon network back when they still had tsunami or whatever it was called? I remember watching this and thinking it was one of the most awesome shows ever. I recently decider to re watch it to realize that the Dubs suck, so I've been watching the Subs. The show is awesome. To give you a quick summary, the show is about a boy who is trapped in a virtual game world know as The World. Over the corse of events in the show, he must figure out a way out of the game and back into the real world before time runs out, also, he has amnesia and can't remember anything about himself. Its a thrilling mistery show that makes you think, and if it makes you think, its great in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango   /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 4:45 am

I remember that show, I absolutely loved it. And it was Toonami that it was on. I remember the days of DBZ, now that was awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://tfroleplaying.forumotion.net/
Toasty
Toasty

PostSubject: Re: /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango   /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 5:37 am

.Hack//Sign is probably my #1 favorite amine (But ive only watched around 9 so thats not hard to beat) with Pokemon in second place, Yu-Gi-Oh! in third, and forth place going to DBZ. Oh DBZ. Most of it was filler but it didn't matter to most kids. All we wanted to see was some big muscly guys fly through the air, yell for no reason, and beat the ever living crap out of each other.

So did anyone here watch the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? I slept over at a friends house and she had the DVD of the first season so we watched the entire thing that night. I thought it was funny.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Redford

Samuel Redford

PostSubject: Re: /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango   /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 7:42 am

I like old school Yugioh, as well as old school Pokemon. I also liked that show Maburaho, as well as Ruroni Kenshin. Remember Ruroni Kenshin?
Back to top Go down
http://www.vgboxart.com/author/silent_calling.html
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango   /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:19 am

Toasty wrote:
Oh DBZ. Most of it was filler but it didn't matter to most kids. All we wanted to see was some big muscly guys fly through the air, yell for no reason, and beat the ever living crap out of each other.
I totally agree, couldn't have said it any better.

I remember watching Haruhi, my favorite character was Mikuru Asahina. She used to be my favorite character until I came along Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, which bumped her down a few slots. There are a lot of magical girl shows that kinda suck, like Sailor Moon. It was cool, to me at the time, when I was in middle school. Now I think it's crap.

MSLN in my mind revolutionized magical girl anime. It wasn't just girls transforming and having some wands or staffs, they had actual weapons besides staffs. And their weapons are called devices, that can actually talk and are semi sentient. MSLN to me is the and always will be the greatest anime series of all time. If I could have any one wish, I would wish for that universe to be real and I become a mage like them.
Back to top Go down
Toasty
Toasty

PostSubject: Re: /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango   /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:28 am

RildokxNanoFate wrote:
I remember watching Haruhi, my favorite character was Mikuru Asahina. She used to be my favorite character until I came along Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, which bumped her down a few slots.

My favorite character was Kyon. Imagen your living a normal life content with everything in it and then suddenly a character like Haruhi barges into it and completely changes everything you know and how you think.

I watched the movie "the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya" In camera rip (A.K.A. eye cancer quality) and found it to be a very nice watch.

RildokxNanoFate wrote:
There are a lot of magical girl shows that kinda suck, like Sailor Moon. It was cool, to me at the time, when I was in middle school. Now I think it's crap.

I always saw magic girl anime as pointless fan service with a poorly throw together story built on a terrible concept.

>Guy 1: Hey, I just got an idea
>Guy 2: What?
>Guy 1: What if we made a tv show where a whole bunch of middle school girls that are from each planet in the solar system run around in slutty clothing and wave wands at stuff
>Guy 2: That sounds like a great idea, but what about the rest of the show? like the story, or plot, or things like that
>Guy 1: We wont need anything like that because well make all of the boobs SUPER DUPER HUGE and make them bounce as if rockets to the moon where duck taped on to them went off every time they took even the slightest step!
>Guy 2: Wonderful idea sir! I'll start work on it immediately!

and then Sailor Moon was created.
Back to top Go down
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango   /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:33 am

Toasty wrote:
I always saw magic girl anime as pointless fan service with a poorly throw together story built on a terrible concept.
This is true, but I find that not to be the case for MSLN.

Toasty wrote:

>Guy 1: What if we made a tv show where a whole bunch of middle school girls that are from each planet in the solar system run around in slutty clothing and wave wands at stuff
>Guy 2: That sounds like a great idea, but what about the rest of the show? like the story, or plot, or things like that
>Guy 1: We wont need anything like that because well make all of the boobs SUPER DUPER HUGE and make them bounce as if rockets to the moon where duck taped on to them went off every time they took even the slightest step!

That sounds about right.
Back to top Go down
Toasty
Toasty

PostSubject: Re: /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango   /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:04 am

RildokxNanoFate wrote:
Toasty wrote:
This is true, but I find that not to be the case for MSLN.

Never watched it, probably never will.

RildokxNanoFate wrote:
Toasty wrote:

That sounds about right.

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango   /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 12:56 pm

It's pretty much the only magical girl anime with actual weapons.
Back to top Go down
Toasty
Toasty

PostSubject: Re: /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango   /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 8:02 am

RildokxNanoFate wrote:
It's pretty much the only magical girl anime with actual weapons.

Wait...

They used weapons in that show? I thought they used there excessive amounts of fan service to distract there enemies to death.

Speaking of fan service, I watched Highschool of the Dead, and MY GOD dose that show have fan service. If there wasn't a up skirt shot then there had to be a female character running with the rocket ship problem that Sailor Moon had, but at least it was based of of something interesting. Zombies.
Back to top Go down
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango   /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:15 am

A funny fact about the MSLN series is that it was a spin-off of an H anime based off a visual novel. Instead of making just a short OVA, they made a full anime of it. It had two other seasons because of how successful the first was. And then there was a movie too based on the first season. And rumor has it that they are making another movie based on the second season.
Back to top Go down
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango   /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:04 am

Also, this is a clip from the second season. This shows them in action.
Back to top Go down
Toasty
Toasty

PostSubject: Re: /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango   /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:19 am

*cough*

wana fix your post?

(delete this one when you do)
Back to top Go down
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango   /ɐ/ - Animu & Mango Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:37 pm

F***! I do all that searching and don't put up the vid. God d***it! Sorry about that, here it is.