Separate RPG Style Combat System

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

Separate RPG Style Combat System Empty
PostSubject: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:01 am

H=I just want to throw this out there to see if people would like this idea. So I've been watching videos of this one RPG Nendoroid Generation for the PSP (only released in Japan). So I thought, why not have a separate part where our characters are like RPG style characters and such and have an RP that has the combat mechanics of an RPG.

A skills exhibition of the characters from Nendoroid Generation to show how combat can be done. Note: The video is 37 minutes long. About 12 minutes into it it gets to the actual combat skills, with some non combat before more actual combat skills at about 18:10. Link

Something like this can stir things up and make things a little interesting. I can work on an RPG character sheet that we base our current characters off of. It'd be a lot of work and the combat would obviously be turn based and would need an admin to moniter combat, but I think it would be fun.

Separate RPG Style Combat System 4362947Separate RPG Style Combat System 328738Separate RPG Style Combat System 4363097
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tfroleplaying.forumotion.net/
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

Location : the E.S.S Niflheim, conducting experiments on...Volunteers

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:32 am

I personally think this is a fucking awesome idea, and it would be badass to do.

modification: oh yes, I can't use youtube (rule again, though I'm getting more leeway recently, such as grooveshark, which another person in this household uses from time to time, and so it's okay because if there's viruses they would already be in the system), but I read it, and I think that would be fucking awesome. especially on a more active time battle system, but that last part is majorly an opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:12 am

I'm gonna implement this, but like I said, it'll take some time to develop.

Separate RPG Style Combat System 4362947Separate RPG Style Combat System 328738Separate RPG Style Combat System 4363097
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:13 am

cool, and I understand perfectly. I live with a techy, and he does coding for an online text based RPG and makes a bunch of stuff that makes other people have easier times with the game, thus making it more fun. I think, on that last part.

C:>(TmWa).EXE
(SUFFER!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:18 am

That's cool. I'll have to come up with the character sheet first, then move onto the rules and whatnot after.

Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:20 am

okay. will you be gone until then? I'm guessing this will be happening over the next two or three weeks from what you said. like as in that you said it would take a lot of work, and that generally means a lot of time too.

(SUFFER!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:18 am

It may take that long, maybe not. I'm not sure. Depends on how pumped I am to work on this per day.

Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:27 am

oh...well, on a separate note: you're back!!! YAY!

edit/would be new post if double posting were not a nono: I could make the character template for you if you like. I'm fairly good at it, and I have experience with other roleplay things, and stuff like this. I think if you told me the basic idea, then I could do it fairly quickly, and close to your hopes, and if you gave me free reign then while it would take a little longer, I could make something fairly good.

(SUFFER!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LinkAran101

LinkAran101

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:03 pm

I could come up with the rules
Although you might need a 20 sided die to determine the things, or an rng (random number generator) to do that, I personaly was thinking the Mother/Father of commercial grade RPG DND style rules and turns, with the administrative directors being d. masters in most things (I will shut up as now I am rambling)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:41 pm

Yeah, I was planning on using something like an RNG to determine some things. But there are other things I'm gonna add for the rules and whatnot. Like have a system for using skills so people don't just spam skills all the time. And skills are something like going into hypermode or using a major part of their arsenal. I'm doing something like on Nendoroid Generation for that. This way some characters will be helpful, including the less combat oriented characters.

Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:44 pm

he's not on anymore. that honestly sucks, because I'm guessing he missed some things that he should not have. but back on topic, that sounds like it would be very good, as it's generally best to have a group that is balanced so as to keep the group alive for the RP. I commend you sir.

(SUFFER!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LinkAran101

LinkAran101

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Honestly, I thought that was how most websites did things before I realy used forums, also I was looking up laws for georgia
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 2:06 pm

There are advantages and disadvantages to having all combat and no support characters in the group. Also, as characters level up, they can learn combo moves with other characters to do more damage. Though these combo moves will have to be made up before the mission starts. These combo moves can be like one person hits a guy with a volley of missiles followed by someone's super charged beam or something like that.

Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 2:08 pm

I highly like this part of the idea.

(SUFFER!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LinkAran101

LinkAran101

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 2:20 pm

I know what the disadvantages of having an all combat oriented party is, mostly no healing and other things
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:41 pm

Of course there's gonna be items characters can get to heal with and such. What kinda RPG has no items?

Back to top Go down
LinkAran101

LinkAran101

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:53 pm

good point but still, well you are online can you reply to the stars will crumble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:56 pm

Keep it to the subject at hand. If you wish to ask about another thread, please PM me. Anyway, it's gonna take some time to come up with the system, even taking bits from other places, but I'll get it going eventually.

Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:58 pm

if you want I could help. you could either give me a general idea of what you're thinking and I could get it done for you, or you could just have me get together a bunch of ideas I think would work, and then I could run them by you.

(SUFFER!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 4:33 am

Running some ideas by me would be fine. Just PM me the stuff when you come up with it and we can go from there.

Back to top Go down
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:43 pm

I know it's a double post, but I have been trying to get my hands on a premade damage calculator and it's been tough. The one I want was only uploaded to megaupload, and that site was taken down. *le sigh*

Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:46 pm

I understand the double post, it's been a good while, and no one has even thought about posting in that time as far as I know, it really should not be a problem in anyone's eyes. if however you would like a tip, tell me, and I will tell you the tip.

(SUFFER!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:50 pm

Sure, go ahead.

Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:52 pm

copy down the last post you made that was not responded to, erase it, paste the copied stuff, then add in an edit the new stuff you want. I do this a hell of a lot. it helps with the problem of "Edits don't show anything on the index or the player thingy".

(SUFFER!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:55 pm

Okay, I'll try to remember that. The document I'm looking for is an excel spreadsheet that was formulas and such already made to calculate damage based on stats. If I can get a hold of this, I can then make peoples health according to the damage calculator.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Separate RPG Style Combat System
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next