Metroid Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metroid Universe

A Role Playing site that takes place in the Metroid universe

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord
Latest topics
» Vela Aran
Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 1:07 am by Pink Cat

» Lexi-4(WIP)
Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 11:32 pm by Pink Cat

» Vela Faden
Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 4:44 pm by Pink Cat

» Espera Nota, Hero of The War
Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 1:12 pm by Sivus Grahn

» Laura / L-98
Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 9:38 pm by Fox the Ruffian

» Regina Locke
Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 8:45 pm by Pink Cat

» Lyzla Attano
Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 am by Pink Cat

» Allison Grace Williams
Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 4:27 pm by Jubilant Demon

» Samantha Anderson
Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 6:01 pm by Jubilant Demon

Separate RPG Style Combat System

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:19 am

I want people to eventually doing damage in the thousands like on NG... I dun think dice would help get us there, at least not without boosts.

Edit: I want it to be like this eventually.

Back to top Go down
http://tfroleplaying.forumotion.net/
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:21 am

WE'LL USE 100 SIDED DICE

Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 D100

Last edited by Crazyzealot on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TalonAran
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

Location : the E.S.S Niflheim, conducting experiments on...Volunteers

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:23 am

there are online dice rollers that you can set to use any number of dice, and then it will give you the total, and they can go up to one hundred sided dice, long story short, I think they could work. but, like I said, I stand by you.
edit: I just mentioned those. Aren't they awesome?
Back to top Go down
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:24 am

The video is like 37 minutes long, but these are like the things I want it to be like, minus the dances to buff, heal and debuff, those can be different. But I want damage and stuff to be like this.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:25 am

I'm going to let Crazy respond to this, I can't watch the video.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:27 am

RildokxNanoFate wrote:
dances to buff, heal and debuff
I'm now editing Talon's profile to make it so he has to do the carlton dance to regenerate.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:30 am

wow, just your talking about that was funny.
Back to top Go down
Toasty
Toasty

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:41 pm

RildokxNanoFate wrote:
I want to have a system where in order to use skills, they have to have skill points in order to use them, while making the stronger skills cost more skill points, SP for short. I know that kinda mechanic at least for NG, Nendoroid Generation.

The system you want in complicated and clunky at best, just from that description. Systems like D&D use that for classes like the Psion, and even worse, Spells Per Day for Wizards and other Magic based classes. It's better to let players have a base in everything, let the dice decide what happens in between, and add home-brew attack that allow for massive damage like you said.
Back to top Go down
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:17 am

I have changed how combat works mostly to reflect off of an RPG Skies of Arcadia. I have the formulas set, just need to take the time to set up how character creation and advancement works and it should be good. And also, with it working this way, it would have to be a set party of 4 characters you own or claimed, since the combat system is different and requires strategy that'd take forever to do with 4 or so people.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:27 am

RildokxNanoFate wrote:
And also, with it working this way, it would have to be a set party of 4 characters you own or claimed
Well shit.
Would we have to use the combat system in every RP? I only have two(Three if I'm allowed to use Talon Vance from Total Fantasy) characters and they're not really on the same side. Unless I'm misreading this.
Back to top Go down
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:47 am

This combat system would not be used in normal RPs, only ones that would use it. Which those RPs are only like a single mission that is non-cannon. So some enemies could work together. And also dead characters can be used as well. They don't even have to be from the same timeline. Think of it as the Colosseum, except that they are teamed up to do a mission in an RPG combat system format. And I would be the one running it and choosing when random encounters happen and such. I'll also need to come up with equipment that decides stat boosts for characters to improve attack, defense and other things.

I am also going to use this system for the same kinda thing for the other site, but include the magic part of that system.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 7:57 am

So, if they don't have to be from the same timeline, would that mean I could use characters from Total Fantasy too? I'm kinda confused yet interested.
Back to top Go down
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:42 pm

They'd still have to be from this site, but from any part of the Metroid timeline.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:45 pm

What if I make some confusing split timeline/time travel shit to have myself play as multiple versions of Talon and Zereladra?
I'm really just coming up with hypothetical questions now.
Back to top Go down
RildokxNanoFate
Admin
RildokxNanoFate

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:48 pm

I'm not sure if that'll work... Maybe I should just have it be on the other site. That way I don't have to worry about two separate systems and such. And not have to worry about making tons of equipment and items and the like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Separate RPG Style Combat System   Separate RPG Style Combat System - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Separate RPG Style Combat System
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3